Saturday, April 28, 2012

Grey skies congratulations

I'm going to start this post with a disclaimer- I ended up really not liking this card! My aim was to replicate this card by LateBlossom, which was simply beautiful. My version fell flat though!


I first cut a window in some PTI white (my skills with the craft knife need some help!) and then stamped and copic colored behind the window with a vase from'Autumn Aubundance' also by PTI.

I stamped the sentiment from 'Congrats All Ways' in Going Grey ink by Stampin Up and added some bling from my stash. My intention was to mount it on a white base, popped up but I felt like it needed some more grey to help the balance so I mounted it on some PTI Smokey Shadow instead. I think the main thing that bother me here is that the colours all kind of don't match.

The greys a all different degres of wariness. I might try this again with some different colours, maybe shades of blue, or green?

Copic colours used were: RV25, RV29, R29, Y19, G82, C3, C5.

No comments:

Post a Comment